TRLog

[TRLog] 6.46 Slow floppy saves

Subject: [TRLog] 6.46 Slow floppy saves
From: w2cs@ipass.net (Gary J. Ferdinand W2CS)
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 06:59:17 -0500
I solved that problem by saving not to floppy, but to another hard
drive.  The "floppy save" is indistinguishable from normal disk access
as far as program operation is concerned.  Heck, even a save to the
same hard drive is probably sufficient, although not quite as much
protection.  My system is a *slow* pentium-75 system, 24MB, running
Windows-95.  I run TR under Windows in a DOS window (not even full
screen).  This has to be worst-case.

73/Gary W2CS