TRLog

[Trlog] Additional Manual info

To: <trlog@contesting.com>
Subject: [Trlog] Additional Manual info
From: "Tod" <tod@k0to.us>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 20:21:30 -0700
I have in my possession a newly printed, "properly sized" TR Log 6.79
manual.

Staples very kindly re-printed the manual from a PDF file that I had
modified to produce a larger print area per page. After discussion about the
small print area of the original print run, it seemed that it would be
better from their point of view if I ran the re-sizing process using my copy
of Acrobat 6.0 rather than have their staff attempt to get the size I
wanted. I did that and provided them a Scaled TR LOG Manual.pdf . They
printed it today (at no additional charge) and I now have an extremely
readable version of the Manual. The total cost was about $21.

I have had inquiries about this effort from people on the reflector. I will
make available to anyone the Scaled file. I would prefer it if I could hand
it off to George or Tree and have them put it on the TR website, but I
suppose I could put it on my own web site if I can figure out how to do so.

The file is about 2.6 MB so I am not very anxious to send it as an email
attachment to a bevy of folks. If there are only one or two guys who are
interested then that is the most time effective thing to do.If you think you
want a copy please send a note to the reflector so we can see what the
interest level is.

On other thing -- when I was at the Staples copy center I noticed that they
advertised that they would accept copy and printing work via email orders
with the work as a file attachment. I did not write down how this was to be
done, but I suppose it is on a web site somewhere. That would solve the
problem of getting it to Staples if you don't have a CD burner or can't
write to a ThumbDisk or SD Memory card or the like.

I had them do my manual with a clear plastic front cover and hard, thick
back cover. This provides protection to the manual. It is spiral bound. All
in all I am pleased with the result.

I think it is only appropriate to thank N7DR for his splendid effort in
making this an outstanding manual and enhancing the worth of what 'in
people' know to be the best of the Contest Logging programs.

Tod, K0TO