TRLog

[Trlog] icom 746 interface to TR

To: <trlog@contesting.com>
Subject: [Trlog] icom 746 interface to TR
From: "Chris Adams" <n4vi@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2004 23:06:00 -0700
I recently picked up an Icom 746 to use as a 2nd radio.  Since my my 1st radio
is a Kenwood I have not yet encountered the challanges of the CI-V interface.
It is my goal to avoid purchasing the Icom CI-V for $100 or so and use one of
the self powered converters.  From my limited investigation it appears the self
powered converters get their power from either the RTS or DTR lines.  The TR
manual implies that RTS is not turned on so it can be used to send CW via the
serial port.

I do not need to use the serial port for CW transmission so my question, after
this long winded explanation is...  has anyone used a 3rd party CI-V to serial
port converter with TR successfullly and are their any recommendations?

Thanks in advance for your help.

73

chris, n4vi