TRLog

Re: [Trlog] Help with DX Doubler

To: "TRLog Reflector" <trlog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Trlog] Help with DX Doubler
From: "Dave Hachadorian" <K6LL@adelphia.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 21:12:00 -0000
From: "Scott Neader KA9FOX" <scott@ka9fox.qth.com>
To: <trlog@contesting.com>
Sent: Saturday, February 10, 2007 8:50 PM
Subject: [Trlog] Help with DX Doubler

> OK, I know... last minute here... but I'm going to try
> SO2R in CW
> Sprint with my DX Doubler.
>
> In the initial setup of TR Log, it asks what port I want
> to use for
> CW Keying for Radio 1 and Radio 2.  I answered LPT1 for
> Radio 1, and
> that works fine.  But what is the answer for Radio 2?
>
> The DX Doubler manual says that in Auto mode,  Radio 2
> audio will
> appear when Radio 1 is xmitting, but that isn't occurring
> either.
>
> In Manual mode, everything is working.  So, worst case, I
> can
> manually flip the DX Doubler switches... but there has to
> be a better way. :-)
>
> P.S. I am using version 6.53 -- maybe there is a better
> version to do
> what I need to do?
>
> Help?
>
> - Scott KA9FOX

I don't have a dx doubler, but if it works like my homemade
box, which it probably does, you need:

KEYER RADIO ONE OUTPUT PORT = PARALLEL 1

KEYER RADIO TWO OUTPUT PORT = PARALLEL 1

RELAY CONTROL PORT = 1

If the radios come out backwards, there is a command to
invert the relay sense, but I can't remember the syntax
right offhand.

See you tonight!

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ