TRLog

[TRLog] Band Map Scanning

Subject: [TRLog] Band Map Scanning
From: ua9cdc@dialup.mplik.ru (Igor Sokolov)
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 22:24:05 +0500
:1.  A keyboard command that will take the radio to the next non-dupe entry
on
:the band map. This would provide an efficient way to do the scanning,
WITHOUT
:having to enter each frequency in the radio memory as well as on the band
map.
:(I know you can do this with a mouse, but I like to keep my hands on the
:keyboard.)  Once worked, of course, a call becomes a dupe and doesn't
appear
:in the next scan.

Ctrl-End and then pick the spot with arrow keys. I do it all the time.
Or did I not correctly understand what you are looking for?
What I do is tuning across the band. When hearing the call just put it into
the call window and press SPACE. The call gets entered into the band map
with the associated frequency that is taken from the radio. There is no
reason to put the freq into radio's memory. Band map is the memory both for
call and frequency (and split infor as well). It is all in the manual...

Igor, UA9CDC

:2.  When a dupe on the band map appears in the call window, there should be
an
:indication IN THE CALL WINDOW that it is a dupe, without having to hit the
:space bar.  (Change of color, etc.) As it is, you have to scan down to the
:band map to look for the asterisk.

Just do not pick up that spot on the band map or have all the dupes be not
shown on the band map.

Igor, UA9CDC

:Scott  K9MA