TRLog

[TRLog] Multi-Operation

Subject: [TRLog] Multi-Operation
From: k2av@contesting.com (Guy Olinger, K2AV)
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 13:28:47 -0500
If you are connecting a pair of laptops with a straight serial cable,
they will never be able, has zilch to do with the program.

If you want to directly connect two serial ports, you have to use a
"null modem" cable which flips the send pins on one end to the receive
pins on the other. You can sometimes buy a null modem cable at a local
computer store or radio shack.

If not and you have to make your own, search the TR archives for "null
modem" and you will find some prior posts that give the pin
connections that you need to wire one up.

If you are already using a null modem cable, then it is most likely
related to having the baud rates in the two, unequal, or too fast, or
with different settings.

73, Guy.