TRLog

[Trlog] Serial numbers in Cabrillo

To: "TRLog Reflector" <trlog@contesting.com>
Subject: [Trlog] Serial numbers in Cabrillo
From: "Tonno Vahk" <tonno.vahk@mail.ee>
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 20:04:44 +0300
I have been confused about it for a while. Why does TR not produce correct
Cabrillo with sent serial numbers for several large contests. Just Russian
DX for example. I can't send the organizers CBR and have to send DAT. Also
EU Sprints, etc.. The Cabrillo file is just empty at the place where serial
number should be.

For WPX it does put sent serial numbers but NOT TO CORRECT PLACE. On WPX
website the correct Cabrillo format shows serial numbers starting a few
digits after the RST but TR puts them right before the Stations Callsign. Is
this acceptable for WPX organizers??

Could somebody explain me why is this and am I missing something. Can I
reconfigure TR somehow to include sent serial numbers correctly? Organizers
of those contests promote that TR is perfect for those contests, well is it
then?

73
Tonno
ES5TV