TRLog

[TRLog] ft-920

Subject: [TRLog] ft-920
From: toms@inconnect.com (Thomas M. Schaefer)
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 1997 10:25:41 -0700
All,

The Yaesu command set DOES allow adjusting the RIT but not by increments. It
only takes absolute values such as 3.2 Khz.  The program would have to keep
track of how much it had adjusted the RIT and bump it (or decrement it) for
every shift key.
So if the last RIT command was 3.2Khz, and the user hit the right shift key
(UP), TR must keep track that is was on 3.2KHZ, so it must now send 3.3Khz.
There is a wishlist item with one method to make the program accomplish
this. Prioroty wise, I imagine this is low on the list.  As with any other
command, there is a concern as to how long the command takes to send. This
command is not particularily longer than any other so that should not be a
major factor. I think that the major addition to the program would be to
keep track of where the RIT was last. Of course, if you use the RIT
manually, all bets are off unless the program periodically reads the RIT and
re-syncs itself.

Since Kenwood does allow incremental adjustments, it is a bit easier since
the program need not keep track of anything.

Best Regards,

Tom NY4I

PS All opinions are my own. These observations come from my own programming
experience and some vicarious knowledge of how TR sends commands to the
radios. Tree is, of course, the ultimate authority on what the program does
and how easy or hard something is to implement.