TRLog

[TRLog] foot switch rotary

Subject: [TRLog] foot switch rotary
From: kl7ra@blizzard.gcgo.nasa.gov (KL7RA)
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 16:45:53 -0800
The foot switch interface has some nice features and now that
the bandmap is getting robust maybe we can add some of the
foot switch to bandmap ideas that have been talked about.

The foot switch can select (next new station), but (next mult) would
be useful with maybe double mults first.

Also the bandmap could have, maybe by simple text commands in
the call window, show all, show all this band, show only new, show
only new mults, etc. I think the power of this would be that you could
change the parameters quickly more then a simple sort we do now
with happy faces. Also the color RED could be used for something
like dupes in the (show all) command.

So Ron, what do you think about getting into this now?? And just to
show you the TRlog groupies never run out of ideas how about:

Another selection for the foot switch software rotary:

(PTT+AMP)  where the footswitch closes the PTT circuit and
after a selectable time keys the CW circuit on. During SSB
contests the cw circuit isn't used and this can be a handy way
to key the amp first then the radio for those of us that still have
homebrew amps with 12 Ms close times.

No rush, next week anytime is fine.

73 Rich KL7RA