TRLog

Re: [Trlog] serial port keyed on starting TR

To: Tree <tree@kkn.net>, trlog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Trlog] serial port keyed on starting TR
From: kd4d@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2005 18:30:22 +0000
Hello, again:

>From Dave's description, it sounds like TR is actually asserting
the keying line on his serial port.  So, this would clear it but
TR would reassert it.

The line is apparently not asserted before he runs the batch
file and starts TR...

The lpt1init program I wrote worked because apparently the
other program didn't SET the PTT pin to asserted, it just didn't
change it and left it where it was.  That meant the startup
order, in that case, was turn on computer, run LPT1INIT,
turn on radio...

73,

Mark, KD4D