TRLog

[Trlog] Trouble in River City

To: trlog@contesting.com
Subject: [Trlog] Trouble in River City
From: WG0M@aol.com
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 18:42:37 EST
Well, things were fine during the Sprint and NAQP.  SO2R worked.

Then I downloaded 6.77 and 6.78 and things were never the same.  SO2R did not
work.  When I switched to rig 2 and hit F1 in S&P mode, the computer sent the
command to rig 1.  All cables were checked.  Computer was checked for
problems.  None were found.

I watched the monitor screen and noticed that the mode switched back and
forth form cw to ssb.  It seemed to be timed to the seconds in the clock in the
upper left hand corner.  I also noticed a delay between polling the frequency
of
either rig longer than in the past.  I set the polling rate to 25 ms.  That
did not fix the problem.

I re downloaded and installed 677 and 678 and started over.  Same results.

During the contest, I noted that in the band map a call was indicated as
being needed as a multiplier.  When I selected it, hit enter to get it to the
call
window, TR would then told me it was a dupe.

I did operate the contest using one radio and did okay.

Next step was to start over at the install and try everything again.  I hope
I can get some help before ss

Best regards

Michael Gulbranson
CleanAir Technologies, Inc.