TRLog

Parallel Ports & IBM PS/2

Subject: Parallel Ports & IBM PS/2
From: thehalls@ix.netcom.com (Eric & Bonnie Hall )
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 1996 20:36:51 -0800
Hello TR Users/Abusers!

    Well I have an old bucket of a computer (but hey TR works great on
it!). It's an IBM PS/2 model 50 (a 286 computer). I asked the network
guy at work about a parallel port (for paddle) and he said I'd have to
use a microchannel parallel port as opposed to an ISA port. He also
said that even if I could locate a microchannel parallel port, it would
be too expensive for it anyways.

    The whole thing got started because the LPT1 port doesn't like the
TR program messing with it.

    Anyone had similiar issues?
    Any suggestions (except, like get a new PC! hi).

    Thanks for any assistance,

        Eric WD9GGY
        (hey it's a long call,
         but maybe someday it will be an advantage?
         Yeah, when I'm portable CE0X?)

--
Bonnie & Eric Hall                              Lansing, IL, USA, 60438