TRLog

[TRLog] Packet interrupt

Subject: [TRLog] Packet interrupt
From: n6tr@teleport.com (Larry Tyree)
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 04:31:47 -0700 (PDT)
Randy - W6SW writes:

> I tried running TR version 5.99 on and off during WPX and noticed that I
> was getting a constant line after line after line of code coming up in the
> ^B Packet Window.  I could not connect to the local 'Cluster.  I'm using a
> serial port card with settable IRQ's and the TNC is connected to COM4 set
> to IRQ 12.  After loading CT's COMTSR4 with these switches, I had no roblem
> with packet:
>
> COMTSR4 -P4 -B1200 -E71 -I12 -A290
>
> TR could read my paddle on COM3, but could not find COM4 and the TNC.  Can
> I set non-standard interrupts in LOG.DAT?   Thanks & it's fun to jump in
> again after a long dry spell,

I would be interested in knowing if version 6.02 solves this problem
for you.  I will e-mail it to you in a separate message.  This version
has some improvements on how the serial ports are initialized and
perhaps it will solve the problem straight away.

However, I haven't really heard of this type of problem from anyone
previously, so you might be onto something new.  First off, the IRQ
isn't the problem as TR doesn't use them.

If you still have problems, typing TR PORT and telling me what the
program sees for the address of COM4 would be interesting (this
feature was not in 5.99, so you will need the update first).  We
can work from there if you still have the problem.

73 Tree N6TR
tree@contesting.com