TRLog

[TRLog] ARRL Section-v4.05

Subject: [TRLog] ARRL Section-v4.05
From: geoiii@bga.com (george fremin iii)
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 15:48:56 -0600 (CST)
John Thomason writes:

>I just downloaded version 4.05 to try out on the Sweepstakes.  After
>searching
>high and low, including the manual, usenet, and the archives of this
>reflector, I can
>find no instructions for adding a new ARRL section.  Is it that cryptic
>or am I
>overlooking seomthing obvious?  Thanks...

Version 4.05 was the version that was currnet during the
1993 CQ WW CW contest.  As you can see it is getting a bit dated.

Over the years many improvements have been made to TR-Log
and one of these is the ability to edit/change/add mult files.

You can use 4.05 in this weekends SS contest but you will
have to deal with the two new sections in one of the
following ways.

Frist... Work the station and enter a diffrent section so it will log it then:

1. Put a note in the log -- ALT-N -- telling yourself
   to change that section later.  The log is an ASCII file and
   can be eaisly edited with any test editor/word processor.

2. Go into the edit window and edit the logged QSOs section
   to the correct one.

You will not be working very many of either of the sections
that are not in 4.05

Or

You could buy the new version tonight and have it emailed to you.

Good luck and seeya in the contest.

--

George Fremin III
Austin, Texas C.K.U.                 "Eight is enough."