TRLog

[TRLog] 3 bugs and ways to make entry slick.

Subject: [TRLog] 3 bugs and ways to make entry slick.
From: n6tr@teleport.com (Tree N6TR)
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 22:02:23 -0800 (PST)
> 2.  W2RQ was in my INITIAL.EX file as BILL, but used the name ROX during
> the contest. BILL NJ came up on screen when I entered the call, and I
> corrected it to ROX during the QSO. When I worked him on another band,
> he came up as BILL again. Settings in INITIAL.EX are overriding the
> contacts already in the log. QSO information should default to
> INITIAL.EX only if there are no prior contacts.

I just tried this with 6.20 and it does update to the new name.

I made a INITIAL.EX file with the following entry:

N0AX BING WA

Then I worked N0AX on 20 meters, the initial exchange came up as
BING WA.  I made the exchange DORK WA and logged the QSO.  Then
I QSYed to 40 and entered N0AX, and it came up as DORK WA.

Apologies to N0AX.

> 3.  Snoop Doggy Dog and Tupac Shakur were rappin in the contest from
> Washington. The Dog was at N0AX, who was in my INITIAL.EX file as ED.
> This means he was brought into my exchange window as ED WA. I completed
> the exchange by entering the number and new name, so the exchange window
> read "ED WA 207 SNOOP".

Okay - I will make that work.  If there are two entries after the number,
I will assume the second one is the QTH - like this:

ED WA 207 SNOOP IDA

Tree