TRLog

[TRLog] More domestic matters

Subject: [TRLog] More domestic matters
From: n6tr@teleport.com (Tree N6TR)
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 09:37:37 -0700 (PDT)
> What is the difference between
>
> EXCHANGE RECEIVED = RST DOMESTIC QTH OR QSO NUMBER
> AND
> EXCHANGE RECEIVED = RST QSO NUMBER OR DOMESTIC QTH?

Hmmm.  Good question!

RST DOMESTIC QTH OR QSO NUMBER looks first to see if the call is in
a domestic country.  If not, then is behaves just like RST QSO NUMBER.

The RST QSO NUMBER OF DOMESTIC QTH got programmed differently in
that it doesn't use the domestic country information and decides
if you are entering a QSO number of QTH based only upon the exchange
information.  This means there is less "checking" of the syntax.

> Somehow,
> with the domestic countries of (I,IT,IS) or (UA,UA2,UA9,R1FJ,R1MV,R1AN),
> the first requires a domestic QTH from YL3IZ/MM, the second accepts a QSO nr.

That makes sense based upon the descriptions above.

Tree