TRLog

[TRLog] Dayton

Subject: [TRLog] Dayton
From: n6tr@teleport.com (Tree N6TR)
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 11:28:54 -0700 (PDT)
Made it back from our second Dayton.  It was another successful trip
and many thanks to everyone who came by the booth to say hello.

The new public domain version received a lot of attention.  George
had to go off and find an open copy place on Saturday so we could
make more announcements.

For those of you who weren't there, the public domain version can
be downloaded off the TR web page (http://www.qth.com/tr/) or via
ftp from jzap.com in the pub/n6tr directory.

It has all the features of version 6.25, except that it can only
be used for a few contests - including the ARRL Field Day, NZ Field
Day, Region One Field Day, JIDX and South American WW (we tried to
put something for most everyone into it).

This is a great way to expose potential new users to the software and
I encourage all of you to "tell a friend".  Perhaps you can put an
announcement in your club newsletter or something.

The Dayton handout can also be downloaded from jzap.com.  It is the
file called lastyear.doc.  It lists the major features that have
been added during the last year, and tells where you can get the
public domain version.

Also, if any of our new users are reading this - welcome aboard!

I have one funny story to share.  I was talking with K1EA on Saturday
night and he related one story to me.  At the TR booth, we have a lot
of people come by and ask "Why should I buy this instead of CT?".  Well,
the same type of question was asked of Ken - "Why should I but CT instead
of TR?".  Ken's response was "TR is for the more advanced operator".

The guy thought about it for a minute and bought CT.

Maybe we should put that quote in our ad?

73 Tree N6TR
tree@contesting.com