TRLog

[TRLog] News

Subject: [TRLog] News
From: n6tr@teleport.com (Tree N6TR)
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 1998 08:45:19 -0700 (PDT)

Well - I think I can send this 765 back to N7TR (thanks again Rich).
Unless someone from Reno will be at the NCCC meeting next week (where
I am giving a talk on the Sprint).  Sounds like the NONSSB problems
are cured by turning off the transceive function.  I have looked
at the data K5PN sent me with the failure and it seems that the
radio is confused and sending me bogus data.  I have tried to make
TR smart enough not to get confused, but it sounds like turning
off the transceive feature is the right answer.  I will get this
added to the manual eventually.

Also, the FT-847 (the 160 to 450 MHz box) is working with TR now.
However, you will need a firmware update from Yaesu to make it work.
A sample radio was sent to me and I have confirmmed that it worked.

I have been QRL working on some software the ARRL is using for log
checking.  This has taken a few of the cycles that I had available
for TR.  I hope to have this current project completed by the end of
this week.  Then, I will be off to W6 land for a week, and then back
home for another week without the family (they are in W6 land now for
a total of three weeks).

My e-mail inbox is at record high levels - so if you have sent me
a question recently and I haven't responded, please keep be patient.
I hope to be caught up by the end of the month.

Tree N6TR
tree@contesting.com