TRLog

[TRLog] The Manual - an opportunity for the right person

Subject: [TRLog] The Manual - an opportunity for the right person
From: n6tr@teleport.com (n6tr@teleport.com)
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 1999 16:07:52 -0800 (PST)
Well folks - I continue to be way too busy to get to everything.
I think the best thing to do with the manual is find someone out
there who would be willing to do such a thing - and has the time
to do it.

George and I have agreed to pay someone to do this.  We were thinking
of $3 for each copy of TR sold.  We can tell serious applicants how
much we think that will be in a typical year.  There would probably
be the same cut from the extra manuals we sell as well.

The job would consist of reviewing the release notes as each new
version comes out, and updating the manual in a timely manner (as
opposed to how I have been doing it).  It should be on the web
somewhere where anyone can get to it (including George so he can
print the latest version when he needs more manuals).

There is some catch up to be done as the last manual update was
version 6.25.  I have received some comments from some of you
with suggestions for changes to the manual.  You would receive all
of these and decide what to do about them.  In other words, the
manual will be yours and you can make the changes want.  However,
you will also be forwarded all comments about the manual.

This move will allow me to stop feeling bad about the current
situation and focus my energy on the areas I can add the highest
value (i.e., the program itself).

Please let me know by the end of the week if you are interested.
The goal would be to have your first version done sometime during
April so it will be in good shape for Dayton.

Tree