TRLog

[TRLog] typical QSO scenarios

Subject: [TRLog] typical QSO scenarios
From: rrossi@btv.ibm.com (Ronald D Rossi)
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 16:01:19 -0500

A few weekends ago doing a special event station (W1B, Snowflake Bently), I
set all the computers up to run TR. I am sure of at least one sale of TR as a
direct result (to a PVRCer, and maybe a YCCC guy too...CT bastions or what!).
Anyway to my point...

I believe it was Lloyd, W1CX, who described the elementary function of the
program so well. He started by saying that the enter key is really a "smart
key". It always does what you would expect it to do if you were sending code.
The function of the key changes, so you don't have to worry about it. Type the
call, hit enter: the right stuff is sent. Enter the exchange, hit enter: the
right stuff is sent. It was a good lead in for the reason for having S&P and
CQ modes.

Those words formed the basis of understanding how TR works to the CT user that
was trying to figure it out. I think it applies even more so to computer
logging 'newbies'.

--
73 de KK1L...ron (rrossi@btv.ibm.com) <><
QTH: St. Albans, Vermont