TRLog

[TRLog] typical QSO scenarios

Subject: [TRLog] typical QSO scenarios
From: kk7gw@wa.freei.net (David Jones)
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 13:13:35 -0800
To:                     "TRLog Reflector" <trlog@contesting.com>
Subject:                Re: [TRLog] typical QSO scenarios
Date sent:              Wed, 24 Feb 1999 16:01:19 -0500
From:                   Ronald D Rossi <rrossi@btv.ibm.com>

> I believe it was Lloyd, W1CX, who described the elementary function of the
> program so well. He started by saying that the enter key is really a "smart
> key". It always does what you would expect it to do if you were sending code.
> The function of the key changes, so you don't have to worry about it. Type
> the
> call, hit enter: the right stuff is sent. Enter the exchange, hit enter: the
> right stuff is sent. It was a good lead in for the reason for having S&P and
> CQ modes.

Yes, that truly describes the basic nature of TR.  I think it even
says this in the manual, but I don't remember.  The reason I think
many people think TR is 'harder' to use is because they have to
unlearn CT.  Me, I never used CT before getting TR, and I caught on
very quickly.  The other thing that is probably daunting to new TR
users is the sheer number of configurable options.  TR in its basic
form is quite simple, but if you say, turn right to Appendix A of the
manual, with all the different logcfg.dat commands, you can
become overwhelmed.

73
David Jones, KK7GW
kk7gw@wa.freei.net