TRLog

[TRLog] Naw, not gonna switch. (fwd)

Subject: [TRLog] Naw, not gonna switch. (fwd)
From: paule@sfu.ca (Paul Erickson)
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 1999 07:58:07 -0700 (PDT)
Will have to agree with you mike. Others made the decision to use
writelog at our clubs field day effort, and while I had originally
not planned to operate this year, ended up putting a couple of hours
in on the 15meter station (cw).

There is definately too great a reliance on the mouse. It may be
ok for ssb ops, but that makes 3 devices that the cw op has to contend
with. Add to that the additional hardware required for paddle
entry, and writelog is definately not the answer for cw.

The one possible advantage writelog has for field day is it's
rtty capability, but given the amount of rtty actually done at our
site, I'm not sure that that advantage was overstated.

cheers, Paul VE7CQK/email: paule@sfu.ca