TRLog

[TRLog] Serial Keying Problem

Subject: [TRLog] Serial Keying Problem
From: WT9U@compuserve.com (James A. Walter)
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1999 17:22:19 -0400
Hi All,

I've been keying the TS-440 using the serial port with no problems.  During
FD the little interface circuit got wet and would go key down when TR was
booted.  Swapped out to the parallel keying circuit and continued that way.

Once I got home the interface seemed to work correctly but now has
developed the same problem.  I replaced the transistor and the resistor.
I've tried both serial ports on the home computer as well as the laptop
with no change.  I have to turn the computer off to unkey the transmitter.
Any suggestions before IARU tomorrow?

73...Jim, WT9U