TRLog

[TRLog] Bug update

Subject: [TRLog] Bug update
From: K4RO Kirk Pickering <k4ro@k4ro.net> (K4RO Kirk Pickering)
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 12:48:34 -0600 (CST)
Are you Icom users certain that you have the internal TRANSCEIVE
DIP switch set to OFF?

While I do see the  NON-SSB and "no-bands" screen flicker by
occaisionally, it is no longer causing a problem.  All contacts
seem to be logging correctly on my 761 and 765.

The CI-V protocol is prone to frequent collisions, and sometimes
a second (or third) read is required for TR-Log to get the info
fromt he radio.  Try playing with the RESPONSE TIMEOUT values.
I didn't have to change from the default values.  Here are my settings:

; ======================= Rig Interface Settings =====================

RADIO ONE CONTROL PORT = SERIAL 3
RADIO ONE BAUD RATE = 1200
RADIO ONE TYPE = IC765
RADIO ONE RECEIVER ADDRESS = 44
ASK FOR FREQUENCIES = FALSE

RADIO two CONTROL PORT = SERIAL 4
RADIO two BAUD RATE = 1200
RADIO two TYPE = IC761
RADIO two RECEIVER ADDRESS = 30
ASK FOR FREQUENCIES = FALSE

> I also had to turn off the "auto s/p when tuning" as it
> would pop me into s/p mode while I was running.

I've had to do the same thing.  I figured it was due to the collisions.
Too bad, as it might be a real nice feature if it worked 100% on Icom.

-Kirk  K4RO