TRLog

[TRLog] rotator control

Subject: [TRLog] rotator control
From: geoiii@kkn.net (George Fremin III - K5TR)
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 05:14:18 -0700
On Thu, Sep 19, 2002 at 11:04:08PM -0800, KL7RA wrote:

> Turning three antennas in a 4/4/4 stack to the same direction
> with the Ctrl P command would be useful. It would suck up
> serial ports with Rotor one = serial one style assignments
> but maybe a Rotor # control bit or using a LPT port. The
> Rotor-EZ kit uses a socket IC for upgrades. Maybe a
> serial port rotator address could be added to the command?
> All this may be academic as the serial port may work going
> to two controllers in parallel, I will check that out.

The DCU-1 should do something like this - they have
in and out serial ports on the boxes so you can
chin them together.  When I was beta tesing
them I suggested that Hy-Gain should add addressing
to the command set - I am pretty sure they did.

So I would suggeest that the Rotor-EZ guys use the
same command formats as the DCU-1 for this feature.

--
George Fremin III - K5TR
geoiii@kkn.net