TRLog

[Trlog] Pennsylvania QSO Party

To: trlog@contesting.com
Subject: [Trlog] Pennsylvania QSO Party
From: alan.kaul@att.net
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2003 08:00:45 +0000
To: TR-Log users

Has anyone put together a .DOM file for the Pennsylvania QSO Party?  The
contest is this
coming weekend.

TR version 6.74 has a .DOM file for a contest identified as PACC, but I don't
think it is
Pennsylvania (perhaps it is The Netherlands).  PACC.DOM has a bunch of
abbreviations but
doesn't seem to list any Pennsylvania counties.

I was thinking about putting together a .DOM file, for out of state users, but
the scoring is
rather unusual --- some CW QSOs are worth 2 points and others are worth 1.5.  I
suspect that
having fractions of a point makes it almost impossible to write the scoring
routine for TR
because half-points aren't mentioned in the TR-log handbook (under 5.5.3 QSO
POINT
METHODS).

The other option is to put together a .DOM file to check off the counties and
to try to score it
manually after it is over.

One can always hope that next year, the contest sponsors will make it easier to
enter by
simplifying scoring and perhaps writing their own downloadable .DOM file for
TR-users!!!!!

--
Alan Kaul W6RCL LaCanada, CA 91011
e-mail:  w6rcl@amsat.org