TRLog

Re: [Trlog] Ex Mem Enable problem

To: trlog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Trlog] Ex Mem Enable problem
From: Dave Hachadorian <k6ll@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 09:08:22 +0000

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 01:18:04 -0800 Jim Smith <jimsmith@shaw.ca> writes:
> I'm using the Sim to practice for SS (should have started earlier as
> need lots).  I have a trmaster.dta file with lots of Qs from
> previous SS
> tests.  I have Exchange Memory Enabled.

Hmmm, exchange memory is what fills in the
data from a previous qso in the same contest,
such as the naqp, where you work the same
station on each band.

What you want is initial exchange = check section.
Maybe that's what you meant.

  So, someone calls me, I
> call
> him back and his Check and Section get loaded into the Exchange
> window.
>  However, there is no space between them.

That is normal, and not a problem.

 > I copy his Nr and Prec
> into
> the exchange window (with spaces) and hit Enter to log the Q.  In
> most
> cases, TR won't log the Q until I go back and put a space between
> the
> Check and Section.

That is not normal. I'm also using 6.78.

What I see after I type a callsign is 87SCV, followed by a space.
(I have initial exchange cursor position = at end).
Then I just type 342B, and the exchange window looks like
87SCV 342B, with the cursor at the end. No problem logging that.

I like the cursor at the end, in case I have to update the
callsign. I think it also avoids the problem where 3B28AZ gets
interpreted as a callsign update.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL