TRLog

[TRLog] 6.29 in YODX & WAE CW

Subject: [TRLog] 6.29 in YODX & WAE CW
From: vr2bg@harts.org.hk (VR98BrettGraham)
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 03:48:57 +0000
In YODX, I found that exchanges had to be logged in certain ways:

For non-YOs, RST zone or just zone works, but not zone RST.

For YOs, RST zone domestic or zone domestic works, but domestic alone does
not.  Note that YOs don't transmit an ITU zone, just their domestic QTH &
therefore we have to log something other than what they send.

>From reading the description in the manual, I'd expect the RST Zone & Domestic
QTH to have a little more flexibility with what is to be entered & in what
order.  Of course, YODX is one of those mainstream events I know is as much
of a highlight on everyone's contest calendar as it is on mine... ;^)

In WAE CW, I found that sometimes in S&P the call which would be inserted into
the call window would not clear after tuning past that point in the bandmap.
I don't recall this happening in YODX the previous weekend - perhaps somebody
can add to this admittedly poor data point.

73, VR98BrettGraham