TRLog

[TRLog] TR vs. CT features (a wish)

Subject: [TRLog] TR vs. CT features (a wish)
From: swca@ionet.net (Mark Beckwith)
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 03:56:18 -0600
It was suggested:

>> * (SCORE window) how many qsos a new mult is worth
>> and
>> * (RATES windows) how long you can stay working a mult

N6TR responded:

>I really have a hard time with the value of this feature...
and
>the information isn't too useful...

I agree with Tree personally, but sometimes it is at least good to remember
that there is a dynamic relationship between the value of mult contacts and
plain QSOs - which changes as the contest progresses.

>Perhaps I can be talked into adding this as an option

I know you will give it the attention you think it deserves.  Of
significantly more value to me, for instance, would be arranging the
multiplier list (for domestic contests) in columns by call area instead of
in straight alphabetical order.  For me, at least, processing the info that
way is about 10 times more intuitive than searching a straight alphabetical
list of abbreviations.  Plus, (I think everybody USED to do this but it is
now a lost art), when (S&P) you hear a W9 and you see you don't need any
W9s, you can spin the knob sooner.  This is possible when mults are
presented as described above, but not possible at present, because in the
time it takes to search the list for Il, In and Wi, you may as well have
copied his whole call and exchange and checked it the "old-fashioned way."
This is something I miss from the pencil-and-paper days.

Yes, I understand all the reasons that this is difficult to implement, but
that does not make the concept any less of a good idea.  Yes it would take
effort on Tree's part.  This is why I bring it up in this context.  No
offense intended, but compared to the first wish above, I hope Tree will
apply his limited resources to the most important things first, as many
have said before on this reflector.

(Boy will I feel stupid if this has already been implemented since the last
time I mentioned it.)

Mark, N5OT

"Sometimes an amplifier just makes your signal louder."