TRLog

[TRLog] Logging MM (multipliers)

Subject: [TRLog] Logging MM (multipliers)
From: vr2bg@harts.org.hk (VR98BrettGraham)
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 1998 23:34:54 +0000
N6TR wrote:

>A better approach might be to add MM1, MM2 and MM3, R1, R2 and R3 to
>the CTY.DAT file, but this will have problems because of conflicts
>with some of the Russian prefixes.

Good point & one thing I didn't mention - using r1, r2 & r3 for domestic
mults will throw spanner into the works with some Russian calls, but
since MVI & FJL are not that common in the ARRL 10m, this "problem" has
yet to surface.

Likewise, MMs will eventually clash with new calls in Scotland, but it'll
be a while yet before they get past MM0...

So while it isn't perfect, it's certainly workable.  I'd guess that few
ever work any /MMs anyway, so a "proper" fix wouldn't be the effort.

I don't think it worked correctly for LU6ETB as he doesn't have any
lower-case characters in his ARRL10.DOM file for these three mults.

73, VR98BrettGraham