TRLog

[TRLog] Bug update

Subject: [TRLog] Bug update
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 1999 22:04:54 +0000
At 06:45 PM 12/1/99 -0000, n6tr@teleport.com wrote:
>2. ESCAPE Key not aborting CW messages.  Last night, I ran a test -
>with my 486 at 8 MHz and no smartdrive.  With a log of about 2200
>QSOs, a disk update took several seconds.  This was without
>SMARTDRV running.  Even with SMARTDRV running, it was in the order
>of a second or two.  This was enough time for a lot of CW to be sent
>after pressing the ESCAPE key.

Tree, the thing that puzzles me is that this did not happen to me last year
in CQWW, when I had 2100 QSOs in the log, nor did it happen in SS this
year, when I had 950.  I don't recall what version I was using for CQWW
last year, but I know I was running the earliest version that had the new
precedences for SS (6.42?).  In all cases, the CW would abort immediately,
even if the disk drive was working.  I remember this because for some
reason I don't usually remember the CTL-ENTER sequence, and wind up needing
to abort the S&P Exchange .  My PC is plenty quick (200 MHZ Pentium), and I
have never run SMARTDRV.

Are you able to test with 6.42 or a prior version, and see if this "brute
force method" confirms what I'm saying?

73, Pete Smith N4ZR
n4zr@contesting.com

Sometimes a tower is just a tower