TRLog

[TRLog] Making a trmaster file

Subject: [TRLog] Making a trmaster file
From: vr2bg@harts.org.hk (VR2BrettGraham)
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 1999 09:02:47 +0000
N9PQU reported:

 I wanted to make a trmaster file for the upcoming 10 meter contest from past
 10 meters contest. The problem I see is that when I put a state side call in
 the state pops in right away from last years contact. When I put a DX
 contact in there from last year in puts the DX country in.

While K5TR has suggested how to work around your current TRMASTER file, you
still have plenty of time to rebuild it... therefore allowing you to add to
that file your log from the upcoming contest & others.

The ARRL 28 Mc contest is one of a few where you really need to copy the log
into two files & before UEFFing them, take a text editor to them (opportune
time to plug UltraEdit once again - tnx AE0Q!) & remove all DX Qs from one &
all W/VE Qs from the other.  Then UEFF the two files separately.

Admittedly extra work, but well worth it after a season or two - you'll then
have a healthy-sized TRMASTER file based on your own logs... the only ones
you can trust!

73, VR2BrettGraham