TRLog

[TRLog] Interfacing the Kenwood

Subject: [TRLog] Interfacing the Kenwood
From: gbaron@sparc.isl.net (Gilbert Baron)
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 01:53:09 GMT
I have the Kenwood TS870 interfaced for frequency and band. Now how do
I get the CW going. Do I still use the Parallel port for this.
In other words are the parallel and serial ports active at the same
time?
I sure wish the program made use of the Kenwood ability to key the
radio via the serial port!

The document says Pin 1 is strobe. What does that mean? What level is
active here? Is this just a ground?  It looks like Pin 17 should be
plus w/r to the strobe to close the Xistor. Is that right? It will
still work even though I am using the serial port for the radio
itself. I have RADIO ONE CONTROL PORT = SERIAL 1 in the CFG file.

--
Gil Baron W0MN gbaron@sparc.isl.net
Bailar es vivir" pgp2.6 key http://www-swiss.ai.mit.edu/~bal/pks-toplev.html