TRLog

Icom Radio Inteface & Re: [TRLog] Radio Hookup

Subject: Icom Radio Inteface & Re: [TRLog] Radio Hookup
From: k6xx@jps.net (Bob Wolbert)
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 1997 17:32:23 -0800
Jerry Fray wrote:

> > You may build the circuit very easily. Tree has a super-simplified
> > version in the TR-Log manual. I have a slightly more complicated version
> > (it provides all four data lines and is RF filtered) shown on my web
> > site:
> >
> > http://www.jps.net/k6xx/pctsinfc.pdf
> >
> > Don't pay >$100 to Kenwood!!! The money you save would pay for your
> > lifetime subscription to TR-Log!
> >
> > 73 de Bob, K6XX
> >
> This was a VERY well written project for Kenwoods! Did you or anyone
> else do this for Icom and Yaesu radios??
>
> --
> -73-
> Jerry N9TU

Thank you, Jerry.

As a matter of fact, I do have something for Icoms. It should work with
any of their CI-V -equipped rigs. It also decodes their BAND output
voltage to drive DuneStar filters, etc. (I prefer having the radio tell
the filter/amp which band it is on, rather than the computer...).

Find it at:

http://www.jps.net/k6xx/icbsciv.htm

The only Yaesu that has ever interested me is the FT1000MP, which has a
real serial port--no interface required. I am not sure, but believe some
Yaesus have a TTL-level serial interface, so the Kenwood interface might
do the trick--assuming you get the radio end pin-out correct.

Finally, since you are such a great "customer" (hi), there are more
write-ups on the web site that might interest you. Check 'em out, and
let me know if anything else is useful!

73 de Bob, K6XX