TRLog

[TRLog] Baud rate question

Subject: [TRLog] Baud rate question
From: rpb@ec.rockwell.com (rpb@ec.rockwell.com)
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 13:44:48 -0600

>I guess a good follow-up would be: Is the operation impaired by the
>low baud rate?  For me the answer is no, but what about the ops doing
>the 2-radio thing with the high-powered rigs and computers?  I would
>suspect that 4800 is more than sufficient, but I'll leave that to the
>experts.
>
>--scott

agreed, the faster you run the baud rate, the more susceptible you become
to RFI hits and other errors in the serial bit stream... RFI is weird
science...
That is why the kenwood radios (udders 2, i dunno) employ 2 stop bits in the
serial interface...

it seems hard to imagine that the throughput to the radio is a limiting
factor for anything but the most sophisticated setup.... and probably not
even that!

-bob