TRLog

[TRLog] POST ate Chip & J!

Subject: [TRLog] POST ate Chip & J!
From: vr2bg@harts.org.hk (VR2BrettGraham)
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 02:38:04 +0000
I'd previously suggested:

>Shame on us who have big TRMASTER files!

The beauty of TRMASTER is that it gives one the ability to see what one has
copied in the past for a particular call.

Having that data show on screen as I operate has definitely helped my
logging accuracy.  Having that data show on screen has helped identify that
calls are being eaten & that those calls are related to the preventative
maintenance solution to the cell size limitation.

TRMASTER is good.

But TRMASTER that looses calls is not good.  I can't add another log to
my file which contains data only from my logs without loosing calls.  Yes,
one can bodge calls so that they don't do a runner, but that's a lot of work
& doesn't help for all the lost calls I have no idea that I've already lost.

I can't even fold in the K8CC compilation file & use it to filter off calls
with
hits <1 in order to remove my own uniques (as well as anything from the K8CC
file which wasn't already in my own data) without loosing calls.

TRMASTER could be better.  But at present, I guess it's fair to say that
if you use it, beware it's limitations & if you want to _really_ use it &
you make
lotsa Qs, think again.

Definitely don't put as much time in as I have feeding old logs & constantly
reviewing the data you have for accuracy, as later you may find your efforts
wasted.

Isn't software great?  First TRMASTER dupes, now NILs.  ;^)

73, VR2BrettGraham