TRLog

Re: [Trlog] Thanks for the great testing!

To: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Subject: Re: [Trlog] Thanks for the great testing!
From: "A. Sewell" <n5na@att.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 08:44:58 -0500
Tree,

I think the reason SERIAL PORT DEBUG locks up, at least in my case, is I have 2 onboard ports plus 4 added PCI card ports. When booting to DOS the drivers for the PCI serial ports don't get loaded. I tried the 6.81u version this morning both booting to DOS and in a DOS window within Win98. SERIAL PORT DEBUG worked fine in the DOS window. I am attaching the COM2IN & OUT files it generated.

As far as the Orion goes, I am still not getting the frequency data. When trying the \RADIO command the VFOB frequency shown is actually the VFOA frequency on the Orion. The VFOA frequency shown is mostly some very large number. Occasionally the VFOA & VFOB frequencies shown are the correct frequencies from the Orion.

Hope this is of some use.

73,

Alan N5NA

Tree wrote:
I am puzzled why some of you have hangs when enabling the SERIAL PORT DEBUG command. Not all of you do. I will look around and see if I can find a computer that it hangs on here or at work to debug it.

I have a new version that might solve the Orion problems.  Try the tr681u.zip
file at www.kkn.net/~tree

Tree