TRLog

Re: [ct-user] TO1T == Guadeloupe, FG

To: N7MAL <N7MAL@CITLINK.NET>
Subject: Re: [ct-user] TO1T == Guadeloupe, FG
From: Alan Zack <k7acz@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 16:17:38 -0800
Mal,
CT is more user friendly than that.  When CT tells you a call is not
recognized you can update the CTY file without having to open the file
and edit it.  On the line where you enter a stations call just type in
the update.  In the case of TO1T you just type in TO1T=FG and it will
recognize it from then on.

N7MAL wrote:

> In your defense Jim at some point in time a user needs to help him/herself.
> As soon as I entered TO1T, and the problem showed up, I fixed it myself. It
> is not difficult to open the country file with notepad and then edit the
> necessary line. It is really computer 101.
> You do a yeoman's job maintaining these files and we all appreciate it but
> these minor updates could/should be made at the user level.
> Best 73
>

> MAL              N7MAL
> BULLHEAD CITY, AZ
> http://www.ctaz.com/~suzyq/N7mal.htm

Alan Zack
Amateur Radio Station K7ACZ
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
Quality Engineer, The Boeing Company, Retired
SEMPER PARATUS
http://www.gocoastguard.com
http://www.uscg.mil/d14/units/asbp/uscgasbp/
DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY