TRLog

[Trlog] Post will not recognize CQ WPX RTTY name

To: trlog@contesting.com
Subject: [Trlog] Post will not recognize CQ WPX RTTY name
From: Richard Ferch <ve3iay@rac.ca>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 18:33:55 -0500
Ed,

If POST doesn't recognize the contest name, I would try the following:

1. Edit the contest name in the LOGCFG file to CQ WPX (i.e. fool it into thinking you were in the CW contest, not the RTTY contest)

2. Run POST to create a Cabrillo file for the CW version of WPX

3. Edit the Cabrillo file to change the contest name from CQ-WPX-CW to CQ-WPX-RTTY

To do the editing, you can use any text editor, except maybe WIndows Notepad, which in my view is too limited to bother fighting with. WordPad and the DOS EDIT command both work fine for this kind of thing.

73,
Rich VE3IAY