TRLog

Re: [Trlog] WPX CW 2005

To: "Robert Tellefsen" <n6wg@comcast.net>,"TR Log Reflector" <trlog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Trlog] WPX CW 2005
From: John Unger <w4au@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 09:15:06 -0400
Hi Bob -

I think you'll find that "hunting" for new mults is a losing strategy in
this contest. There are just to many permutations and combinations of
prefixes and mults. I imagine that the top operators just work 'em as they
find 'em and don't worry about mults, only Q's.

As an aside, I also question the real desirability of using a "rare" prefix
just for this contest. I recall that W4AN had one of the top scores a few
years ago using that callsign. Of course, having Bill operating made a big
difference, too!

Good Luck es 73 - John, W4AU