TRLog

[TRLog] More Icom Radio Delay

Subject: [TRLog] More Icom Radio Delay
From: w9re@worldnet.att.net (Mike Wetzel)
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 12:00:38 -0500
I see my that I did not communicate my problem clearly!

People are talking about tuning the radio then typing a call and hitting the
space bar which with the 1 second delay is workable.

What I was use to doing with CT was using the frequency readout (band map)
on the monitor screen as a tuning indicator.   I was able to tune by a
frequency (quickly) and figure out the station ID without typing a call or
waiting for the station to ID (because I had the call in the band map) in
this case a 1 second delay is not acceptable.

Mike W9RE