TRLog

[TRLog] Multi/multi with TRlog

Subject: [TRLog] Multi/multi with TRlog
From: Don Moman <ve6jy@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca> (Don Moman)
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 1998 17:40:15 -0700 (MST)
Just a few notes using TRlog in our 5 station multi/multi set up in CQWW.
Network was very solid, zero problems (that's nothing new) and no crashes
or unexplained glitches.

Using MFJ 432 voice keyers (therefore not using F1 etc) the frequency
info for the other stations shows up as search and pounce. Is it
possible to have the program send the frequency, say every  time it's
changed? (optional in CTRL J menu?)  This way we can keep track of what
everyone is doing....maybe add an * if it is S&P...

The rates shown from the other stations are far from accurate.... I
haven't seen this mentioned before - is it something here or do others see
this?

One other thing that would be handy for m/m stuff:
After the contest I have 5 logs from the 5 sites, named A thru E.dat. In
POST I have to extract the id letter for the computer on which that disk
was created, since it is the only version that has the correct logs if
editing was done during the contest.   Then I merge the 5 extracted files
to get an overall corrected version.  There are a lot of steps in there -
is it possible to have a POST routine that would take these 5 logs
(assuming "A" computer is set up to generate a back up file named A.dat,
etc) extract the id, and the remerge, all in one step.  Or is this more
trouble than it's worth to implement?

See you in SS CW with a guest op at the controls....

73, Don

VE6JY  Don Moman               email: ve6jy@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca
Box 127 Lamont, Alberta        email forwarding: ve6jy@rac.ca
T0B 2R0  (403) 895-2925