TRLog

[TRLog] zone computation

Subject: [TRLog] zone computation
From: ve6jy@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca (Don Moman)
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 16:16:50 -0700 (MST)
(latest version) Had a number of wrong zone entries in CQWW, which I've
not noticed before. Did something change.. or did I do it..  Initial
exchange set to compute zone from callsign.  There is a trmaster.dta but
it was only asked to show the name, and several of the wrong entries did
not have an * indicating data in trmaster, yet they had an improbable
zone.  Several XE (XE2DV I think was one) stations came up as zone 10, a
JA came up as 50 (prefecture?) and we saw KW go by for someone. W3RJ came
up with PA as a zone. I'm using the generic (the common one on the web
site, I forget just where right now) trmaster.dta that I've used all
along.  Another callsign for the same country would work just fine.

Other than the zone, everything behaved very well - no multi op this time
but two non linked single band efforts on 15 and 20m

In POST R L list mults seems to hang after searching log for mults..or
else it's very very slow.

Also catching up on the JIDXA logs, noticed a summary sheet can't be
created just yet, so I presume that will be out in the next release -
there's lots of time yet.

73 Don

VE6JY  Don Moman               email: ve6jy@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca
Box 127 Lamont, Alberta        email forwarding: ve6jy@rac.ca