TRLog

[Trlog] TR and Orion II

To: trlog@contesting.com
Subject: [Trlog] TR and Orion II
From: steve.root@culligan4water.com
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 17:27:07 +0000
Howdy,

I have a Ten-Tec Orion II running version 2.037 firmware. I'm trying to
establish communications to this rig with TR version 6.79 and I'm not having
much luck.
Using communication parameters 57600, N, 8, 1 I can talk to the radio using
N1MM, Writelog, DX4WIN, and even Hyperterminal but not TR.

My logcfg.dat file has the following lines:

RADIO ONE CONTROL PORT = SERIAL 1
RADIO ONE BAUD RATE = 57600
RADIO ONE NAME = ORION
RADIO ONE TYPE = ORION

When I start TR I have to cycle power on the Orion and then press a key
(actually any key) on the keyboard several times before the frequency is
displayed. The frequency will flash momentarily and then disappear. Hitting any
key will flash it again. Changing frequency, band, or mode has no effect on TR
unless you hit a key on the keyboard. On the other hand, Alt-V, Alt-B, and
Alt-M all cause the correct changes to the radio immediately. This happens
whether I'm running in a DOS window under Win 98 or or straight DOS.

I'm running out of ideas!

Thanks Steve K0SR