TenTec

[TenTec] RE: Omni V problem

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] RE: Omni V problem
From: ve7asr@islandnet.com (Rick Williams)
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 22:48:30 -0700
Hi John:

The symptoms you describe happened to my Omni when I was attempting to
build up a supply for it.  When the supply voltage dipped the rig
would do similar strange things.

When I put it back on a known and adequate supply the problem
persisted.

The solution was two fold:

     1) make sure the power supply can deliver the needed current!

     2) push the reset button on the right hand side of the Omni V

TenTec also suggested I try the following reset procedures:

     1) Power down -- push and hold the reset button when you power up
and then after a about 5 seconds release the reset button.

     2) Power down - Hold the CLR/CLK key and power up - release the
CLR/CLK key after you hear the beep!

Does the problem persist when in receive only?  Does it suddenly occur
after the first transmit?  Does it occur at low power?

I hope the problem can be resolved without the need to re-align.  Good
luck,

Rick
VE7ASR