TenTec

[TenTec] Beauty?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Beauty?
From: pagel@wi-net.com (Mike & Lara Pagel)
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 18:56:45 -0600
Well, Paul.....

I always thought the SX-88 was about as pretty a rig as you could have but,
after hearing that one sold for $1800 on E-Bay recently, I have decided to
dream about more practical objects.

I've only owned Tentec equipment for a bit over a year, but I can remember
being smitten by ads for the Corsair (both I & II models) in QST.  Somehow,
their appearance captured the classic representation of "radio", at least
for me.

I enjoy the appearance and function of my 6+, but am just now getting used
to non-hams visiting the shack, looking at the rig, and asking "Is that a
radio"?

Guess I got started in the hobby in the latter years of "hollow state" and
my vision of beauty is shaped by coming of age in that period.  There's a
SX-42 on the bench here and its coming around, but it will never hear as
good as the Omni, hi!

73, de Mike, K9UW
Amherst, WI

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I question anyone who does not
appreciate the elegance of a Triton IV digital.  I believe that rig was
the "prettiest" ham tranceiver ever produced.

Any others want to toss in a vote?  Ten Tec or otherwise?

73! =paul= W8KC
Collector of Ten*Tecs and other fine plastics
<http://www.acs.oakland.edu/~prvalko>