TenTec

[TenTec] Model 546 Series C

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Model 546 Series C
From: fsr567@sk.sympatico.ca (Ken)
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 14:02:10 -0600
Hi John,

For what it's worth, I use to own a OMNI-D. I bought the rig second hand and
it came with a complete manual and an interim manual. (the first two
sections). I still have the interim manual (any one want it? make an
offer)It talks about the OMNI-A model 545 and the OMNI-D model 546. The
front inside cover has a picture labeled OMNI-D. You can see the OMNI-D logo
on the front of the rig.

Ten Tec made several changes to the OMNI over the years, some of which were
noted with the series B and C. I believe the one I had was a "series C". A
friend had a "series B" The one difference I remember was that mine had band
positions for  30m., 17m., and 12m. It received on 30m. and need a wire cut
to transmit. To add the other bands I had to install crystals and do some
minor tuning. All the needed components were in place.

73.. Ken - VE5KC

KC's Amateur Radio Site - http://www.qsl.net/ve5kc/
KC's Canada Page - http://welcome.to/My_Canada