TenTec

Re: [TenTec] Should I buy an Orion now or wait

To: <kg6tt@tomorrowsweb.com>,"'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Should I buy an Orion now or wait
From: "Tommy" <aldermant@alltel.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 22:49:38 -0400
Hmmmmm...if one is not going to touch any of the programmable options for
six months, how does one ascertain, within 30 days, whether or not the rig
is 'good enough' to keep?

Tommy

W4BQF

Sometimes I think the first thing someone should do when they have that
initial 'glimmer' of "maybe I should buy an Orion...." is to distance
themselves as far as possible from this reflector until after they buy
it and try it for the 30 day guarantee trial/return.... THEN maybe
exchange notes with others on the Reflector but ONLY after reading
through the archives.. The second thing I think they should do IS NOT
TOUCH any of the programmable options for the first SIX months! Just
leave it in its defaults. Just my tongue-in-cheek recommendation... well
maybe more real than that.

73,
Jerry, KG6TT