TenTec

[TenTec] Orion "Stock" Filters

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion "Stock" Filters
From: jimr.reid@verizon.net (Jim Reid)
Date: Tue Apr 15 22:55:10 2003
Aloha,

Yes,  I have been sent a photograph of the "stock"
filter area within an Orion.  Those ARE only 4 pole
filters!! So they are "special" design for use only
as roofing filters.

What is also interesting,  the 15kHz filter is NOT in
that area.  Probably as in the RX-340,  elsewhere
in the front end of the rig, and perhaps, always
in series with whatever other roofing filter has
been selected.  And sure enough, the optional
filters slots are ONLY for optional filters of the
higher count pole sort.  Very interesting indeed,
at least to me,  to only learn of these design details
this late in time...........

73,  Jim  KH7M

PS: Saw the UPS truck leaving my neighborhood early
this afternoon as I returned from a quick trip to the
hardware store.  My heart skipped a beat as I thought,
just maybe...........but,  no;  he had not stopped at my
house.