TenTec

[TenTec] Loop/open wire/AH3?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Loop/open wire/AH3?
From: William <wjsmorrison@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2006 15:42:07 -0800
I have been following the discussions re open wire feeders and invite
comment on my planned new antenna.  I will be installing a loop around my
residential yard thanks to a fortunate arrangement of fir and cedar trees
here on the West (Wet) coast of Vancouver Island.

I will feed this with ladder line-when it arrives---and feed it with my Icom
AH3 tuner by connecting the main output of this tuner (generally used for
long wires and whips) to one side of the ladder line and then connecting the
ground terminal of the tuner to the other side.

Coax should then run through the wall of my shack to the Argonaut V.
Suggestions/comments/improvements?

Bill
VE7BER